It's been so hard to find time to actually sit down and write about everything that Emily and I have been doing here, so I'll give a quick synopsis and then re-edit when there's more time... probably in Belgium.
- got to Amsterdam around 1pm Thurs, Jur grabbed us from the airport
- threw bags in Jur's apartment, then quickly were swept away to Burgermeester, where Jur works and cooks up delicious burgers
- Jur finished an essay while Emily and I explored town
- hooked up with Jur, went to her friend David's apartment to have an awesome dinner which he cooked, and had a LOST marathon for the rest of the night
- woke up about 3pm, left David's, showered and all that back at Jur's
- picked up dinner to eat at Boris and Naomi's place, where we hung out drinking beers and "Black Death" (a typical Icelandic liquor which I bought at the duty-free in between flights)
- left B+N's to change into our orange gear at Jur's, to get ready to watch the Netherlands v. Japan World Cup match at a bar
- had a blast watching the match, drank local beers and ate Bitterballen -- cripsy batter-fried balls, similar consistency to falafel, but meaty
- hung around bar area with Jur's friends, before heading back to B+N's place to continue celebrating the win against Japan
We're now doing a bit of resting up at Jur's apartment, and planning our first actual touristy day in Amsterdam. Hopefully it will involve renting bikes, the I Amsterdam sign, and touring the Red Light district. More to come soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

sounds great so far! i'm jealous. have a blast and keep the blog updated!! :)
ReplyDeletesweeeeet. i'm tired just hearing about it. haha no but it sounds like a blast.
ReplyDeleteThis post is a complete lie. You were totally high before you even set foot outside the airport.
ReplyDeleteHave a good time, dude!
-Nick